Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!


Well tonight was our first Halloween at the Ranchero. Harry and Homer were down at the Park facilitating the Halloween festival while I passed out candy at home. I ran the festival last year but with everything going on this fall, I had to say NO. That might seem insignificant, but for me, it's a pretty big deal - to say no.

I ran out of candy pretty early on, as in like 7ish or so. I saw some great costumes, one girl was an autumn fairy and she just looked too cute. Apparently, our street is where EVERYONE comes for candy. Seriously, everyone, as in buses come from out of state and the impetus for the festival at the park was to quelch the residents who were fed up with too many trick-or-treaters. Happy Holidays!

So, since I had no candy and would have been forced to give out used pens and pencils, I blew out the candles, turned the lights off, shut the doors and sequestered myself in the back of the house. This was alright, as I used the time to put the final (almost) coat of paint on the built-in bookshelves in the yellow room. I have to give one cubby another coat (when Harry painted them initially, he could not reach the top and since all need two coats...) I would like to see this room done by Thanksgiving. I still have to paint that cubby again, refinish the floors, reattach all cabinet doors and hardware as well as change the light fixture and outlets and their covers. I think this is a reasonable goal.

In addition, I need to start work on the bathroom. I am hoping that we can get an electrician in next week to do some needed things and then onto drywall and tiling.
Our neighbors invited us to an "after Halloween" party so that was pretty cool. Lots of yummy dips - I just can't get enough dip recently. I thought I would stay forever at the shops in Biltmore just running around and sampling dips and don't get me started on Sam's and Costco...Anyway, the party was a good time - I ran into my friend Susan and her daughter Erin who were both in the wedding and that was a pleasant surprise.

Homer and I are sitting here in bed, each with our laptops out and messing on the computer....hmmm....something seems wrong with this picture....

No comments: