Friday, October 31, 2008

Home Again!

We spent the last couple of days of our honeymoon enjoying shopping, a train ride through the Nantahala Gorge, and a fun day at the Biltmore Estate.

Biltmore was one of my favorite things. Kris is a flower nerd, and I have told her that one of my favorite parts of the day was walking around the Biltmore Gardens with her pointing out what was what, with its' scientific name, common name, legal description, social security number and credit history. We talked about ideas for our own yard and garden as well, and I'm a little bit excited about the possibilities!

We enjoyed a our of the Biltmore Mansion, and wine tasting at the winery. We drove back to Rural Hall where we crashed for the night, and got up yesterday to open wedding gifts. We did some preliminary cleanup, and loaded the car to come back home together for the first time as husband and wife.

We are glad to be home, but I think we both enjoyed the mystic allure of the mountains in the fall. I hope we can go back soon as a family, as we found several things that the three of us can enjoy together.

That's all for now; I've got to get back to the office and try to get caught up and back in the swing of things!

No comments: