Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Yellow Room - the End is in Sight!

Today, we vote! Hooray. I don't care who you vote for, as long as you vote. So get to it! :o)

In less important news, the yellow room is nearing completion! I have to wait for the hinges and the vents to cure (I spray painted them so they look like rubbed bronze instead of the dated brass finish the originally had) and then put up the last cupboard door on our built in bookcases. I need to purchase knobs; spray paint the center screw so that it matches the rest of the hardware and then install. Thanks to my Aunt and Uncle Ploszaj for their Home Depot card which is going to be used for the express purpose of buying the crystal knobs. Here is the rest of my list - partially for my own sense of what I need to accomplish and partly so that my husband will begin to more fully understand all the stuff that I do when he thinks I'm not doing anything...

  • I need to install the springy thing that goes behind the door to keep it from banging the wall.
  • I need to install the light fixture.
  • I need to purchase and install a lighted switch so we can find it at night.
  • I need to purchase and install a door with the accompanying knob.
  • I need to purchase filters for the vents and then install.
  • I need to purchase outlet/switch covers and install.
  • I need to finish scraping the paint off the windows.
  • I need to take my antique little claw thing and unseal the windows. This is my fav. tool!
  • I need to purchase and install window locks.
  • I need to scrub the floor and scrape any goo that appears to be on all the floors in this house - ewww.
  • I need to fix/blend/camouflage any spots on the floor.
  • I need to refinish floor.
  • Wait three days for floor to cure.

It sounds like a lot when you read it, but it my head it doesn't sound like very much; we shall see. Also today I will go and vote and make a trip to get some things out of storage - Christmas lights hopefully!!!

Hey, can you believe I got another flat tire!? This is three is as many months and Homer has had three as well - one of his was a razor blade. I suspect someone in our loving community has an axe to grind.

No comments: