Sunday, November 2, 2008

Featherfest

Just got back from Featherfest at Raven Knob, and I am wiped out! Harry and I got there at about 11:30 AM on Saturday, and spent the day singing and hanging out with friends. My dad came up, so we got to spend some time with him as well.

The singing last night at the powwow was a lot of fun, and above par for our group! We sang some good sets, and had a pretty good crowd of dancers to enjoy it as well. Some of the old guys who I learned from were there as well, and it was good to catch up with everyone! I kinda wish I had recorded some of the singing; not necessarily for the song quality, but to listen to the sets...pretty good stuff!

Harry and I spent this morning walking around and talking to friends. It was nice to enjoy a quiet Sunday morning at camp--being there is a lot like I imagine church ought to be, and it's nice to take a step away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life to enjoy some peace, quiet, and good fellowship.

We are off to Winston-Salem now to get Harry his iPod now that we are finished with camp, and then back home to continue moving in!

No comments: